46 posts tagged the drunken moogle
Indies Need Booze Party at PAX Prime
Looking for a fun time at PAX Prime tomorrow? Well, look no further! Indies Need Booze is hosting a party that promises to be one hell of a night. The event, sponsored by Indie Game Stand, Ink Whiskey, Ouya, Lantana Games, Structure Gaming, and Archive Entertainment, will be serving up a menu of video game themed drinks, created by yours truly. The drinks to be served are as follows:
- Children of Liber-tea (Lantana Games)
- Lawyer Cat (8bitMMO)
- InkWhiskey and Coke (InkWhiskey)
- Oh-yeah (Ouya)
- Atom Smasher (Structure Gaming)
- Indie Lemonade Stand (Indie Game Stand)
Tickets can be purchased on the Eventbrite page. Each ticket comes with an InkWhiskey flask, game codes, and an optional upgrade to a t-shirt and raffle ticket!
When: August 28, 2014, 9pm-2am PST
Where: Capitol Cider
818 East Pike Street
PAX East 2014 Industry Panel
Mitch Hutts from The Drunken Moogle will be taking part on a PAX East panel this year! I’m thrilled to be joining GameSkinny and a talented group of individuals to be talking about jobs in the games industry. Want to be a programmer, community manager, blogger, or anything else related to games? Come see us talk and answer questions. I, specifically, will be talking about my role as a blogger of strange (drink) fan creations and how sites like The Drunken Moogle fit into the industry.
Where: Condor Theater (2nd floor)
What: Want to get your foot in the door at a gaming company? Join industry employees as they share experiences, stories, and advice about landing their jobs. Game careers aren’t all just programming and design - marketers,event coordinators, community managers, mixologists and many others make up the gaming industry. There are tons of career options, and even more ways to wind up in the industry, but one thing’s for sure: if you want to know what it takes then you don’t want to miss this panel!
- Robot Entertainment - Justin Korthof, Community Manager
- FrogDice Studio – Pang, VP/Creative Director and Michael Hartman, CEO
- The Drunken Moogle - Mitch Hutts, Creator and Manager
- Indie Game Stand - Mike Gnade, Owner/Business Dev and Matt “Canj” Cangialosi, Marketing/Community Manager
- Andy Lunique, Former Ubisoft Brand Ambassador
- Lunchtime Studios - Dan Higgins, Owner / Lead Programmer
- Robot Loves Kitty - Alix Stolzer, PR & Dev
- Super Soul - Richie Hoagland, Creative Director
Playing Video Game Drinking Games with Curse!
- Beerio Kart/Don’t Drink and Drive/ The Mario Kart Drinking Game
- Goldeneye 007&7 (drink when you die, drink 3x if you get killed by an explosion, and finish your drink if you get killed by slaps)
- Super Smashed Bros. (Much drink)
Mario Party 2 minigames:(
A Gathering for Mogtoberfest
by Michael Weisner
The Drunken Moogle Tattoo
Tattoo by Logan Campbell
Original art by Hermes Arriola
Earlier this week I received an email from TDM reader Max S. Max is an avid gamer and wanted to show his love for his favorite series, Final Fantasy. Also a fan of partying, he said he could think of no better design than our own logo, drawn by Hermes Arriola! Thanks for sharing your ink, Max. Four years ago I would have never imagined I’d see a Drunken Moogle tattoo.